Friday 30 August 2013

Legendary Art LLC (The Man Behind The Gun)

As a young child, Fredrick Benjamin closed himself off to the harsh reality of life, and drew for hours on end.  Drawing and painting always took me to a place where my soul was at ease Fred as his friends fondly calls him says. 
In my younger years I started off drawing super hero’s from my favorite comic books, then as I reached maturity, my art work evolved.  I have created oil paintings, acrylic oil pastels, chalk drawings, sketch art as well as stippling.  My passion is now tattooing.
 
From Sumter South Carolina, Fred’s drawings at an early age received recognition, as he won second place the NSBC Bank drawing completion and was awarded by Governor Campbell the Governor of South Carolina for his outstanding work.

It is from there he began to share his talent, when he was asked to teach art during a summer school program, an amazing experience Fred recalls which he enjoyed immensely.

A childhood friend  admired my art work and asked me to do his tattoo, to be honest I wasn’t interested in tattooing because tattooing was illegal in the state of South Carolina at the time.  I did my first tattoo in 1997 at the age of twenty one, even though tattooing was not legalized until April 2, 2006.

 I wanted to tat like the guys I admired in the magazines, but I was nowhere close until I developed my own style as an artist.  As an artist, it gives my clients something to cherish forever, and it also shows off my creativity.  Tattooing is limitless, and there are no limits to what you can do with a tattoo gun. 

I am a freelance tattoo artist, and I prefer it that way.  My gun will travel, so I am not confined to a shop.  Being a freelance artist is more hands on, I enjoy being up close and personal with my clients.  When people request a tattoo of a loved one they’ve lost, it touches me and it connects them to their loved one for an eternity.  I feel honored when I am able to share in their moment by offering my artistic creativity.
Tattooing is now my life’s work.  There is nothing in this world more fulfilling to me.  I am sixteen years strong in this business, with nowhere to go but up.  I started my own business Legendary Art LLC on August 20, 2010, and I am extremely proud of my accomplishments.  Tattooing is my way of becoming immortal! 
 Fredrick Benjamin will be visiting Taakra Art and Craft Academy in Abuja and Lagos where we will be holding a 2 week tattooing seminar for the inspiring artist.

To book your space call - 070-31002336
 Contact information: 803-983-9147
Facebook:  Frederick Benjamin or Benjamin Frederick/ legendary art
Instagram:  Legendaryartllc
Twitter:  Frederick Benjamin






THE MAN BEHIND THE GUN

No comments: